Monday, April 19, 2010

Today is a New Day

An introduction:

My name is Cindy and I am 36 years old. I am getting "out there". I have been hiding for too long. Hiding my body, hiding myself. In the last year I have begun a transformation.

August 10, 2009 I had lap band surgery. About this time last year I had visited the surgeon to discuss options of losing weight. My ah ha moment. My time to change. I had lost weight before but gained it all back. Not this time. This time was different. I was very unhappy with myself. Not with my children or husband, but with MYSELF. When I first went into the surgeon I weighed 255 pounds. That was the highest weight I had ever been. How did I let myself get there? How? By not caring, that is how. I didn't want my family to have the same struggles I did. I don't want my daughter to have low self esteem like I did. I have two beautiful children, Morgan, my beautiful daughter, who is 11 and in 6th grade, and Will, my boy, who just turned 9 and is in 3rd grade. I see my daughter negative self talking and I see myself when I was doing it. This blog for me will be very cathartic! I have considered seeing a psychologist but journaling does help. I have a written journal that has been very helpful during my surgery, recovery and the last year. It has helped me see how far I have come when I get discouraged.

Well I don't want to post it all at once so I will leave the intro at that for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment