Monday, April 19, 2010

My First 5K?

I have been seriously considering my first 5K. There is one very close to me in three weeks. Did I say THREE WEEKS?? Time to pump up the training!

I am gonna check with the hubby tonight to see if there are any other plans that weekend. Don't think there are! I am very pumped up!

Today I finished C25K week 8, day 1 but instead of doing for time, I did for mileage (to see how I would "finish" in a 5K). If I ran the 5K today, I would finish at 49 minutes (this is including the five minute warm up. I would finish the 3.1 miles in 49 minutes! Old ladies in walkers would pass me! But I am determined to keep it up and then see how much I can improve my time in the three weeks before the race.

Here I go.....!!

3 comments:

  1. Now that I have posted, it is commit time... if hubby is in agreement I will register tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for finishing the C25k and signing up to do a 5k. I've yet to run 3 miles but I'm close. Found your blog through Lynn's Escape from Obesity and enjoy reading about new runners...

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOHOO!! New to your blog and glad I found you. I've recently started running and I am dying to sign up for a race!!! I'm not completely ready yet, but it's a goal. Can't wait to hear about the race and also your journey!

    Kelly
    Journey to A New Me
    www.anewmejourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete